Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team is currently looking for one Lead
Software Engineer – Graphics to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. As an experienced
Software developer, you will be part of the Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team,
which develops software applications and products that create direct value to its customers. We
provide re-vamped work environments focused on delivering data-driven solutions at a rapidly
increased pace over traditional development. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team who
are excited to use the latest in software technologies for modern web and mobile application
development. Through our products, we deliver innovative solutions to our global customer base
at an accelerated pace.
- As a Lead Software Developer, the selected individual will work in the BIETC Boeing Global Services (BGS) engineering team to develop, maintain and improve Aviation software products.
- The select candidate should have experience in the Software Engineering Domain with evidence of a thorough understanding of requirements to solve problems and actively participates in software development.
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Should have demonstrated the ability to work in an AGILE environment.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members. To be effective, this person must earn the respect of the Scrum teams, Scrum Masters, Technical Architect, Release Train Manager, Business teams, customers and, all other different stakeholders.
- The candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills and, a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding.
- Should be an excellent team player.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team following the best practices on Software Craftsmanship such as Test-driven development and Pair Programming/Peer Reviews.
- Work in close cooperation – actively aligns the technical roadmap, APIs and Interaction Design, with teams based in international locations.
- Create and maintain necessary software design and architecture documentation.
- Keep track of and actively reduce technical debt.
- The selected individual will be a skilled, highly professional engineer, work collaboratively with an international team comprising software development, product management, and business analysis.
- The selected individual will also be responsible to provide support to the development of internal competency and resources for critical skill sets and be a sought-after expert that other developers can benefit from.
- The selected individual is highly passionate about creating beautiful things with software
- The selected individual thrives on solving hard visualization challenges
- The selected individual owns a problem until it’s solved
- The selected individual lays equal emphasis on testing and generating error-free software
- The selected individual is at ease with Optimizing machine performance while still creating seamless graphics
- This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
- This position will support initiatives of the Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement, etc
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve the product development activities.
- Travel domestically and internationally, as required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree with 11+ years of experience is a must
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or other closely related fields.
- 12+ years of experience developing 3D graphics software(OpenGL/Open Scene Graph preferred)
- Fluent in several programming languages (C, C++, and Java preferred).
- Understanding of performance limits of desktop and mobile platforms and obtaining the most efficient usage of those resources
- Experience with shaders and GPU programming
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Thorough understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong C++, data-oriented design, and architecture skills
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Able to rapidly learn and understand software by reading source code and stepping through code under a debugger
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for graphics and software development
- Collaborate effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc, and Project Management
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile development
- Working Experience in Azure cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, or Nexus
- Experience with pair-programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other XP engineering practices
- Experience designing and developing Software as a Service (SaaS) architectures using containerized microservices on Linux platforms
- Solid foundation in the deployment of scalable, low-latency, and highly available distributed systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 12 to 16 years’ related work experience or an equivalent .
- Salary Offer (Per Annum) ₹9 Lacs ~ 10 Lacs
- Industry Type IT-Software, Software Services
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Under Graduation b-tech-b-e, Any Graduate
- Post Graduation / Doctoral degree Any Post Graduate