About the company:
BioGenex is at the forefront of the emerging discipline of molecular pathology, the study and diagnosis of disease through the examination of molecules within organs, tissues or bodily fluids. The company designs, develops and commercializes systems for Tumor diagnosis, prognosis, precision medicine and life science research.
BioGenex is seeking a hands-on dynamic cell and molecular pathology Scientist to work in the R&D department in Hyderabad. The Scientist will help to develop and implement specialized tissue and Cell-based assays (including multiplex assays and image analysis) to support specific portfolio of BioGenex products.
Designation : Molecular Biology Scientist
Work Experience : 5-8 Year
Number of Positions : 03
Position Type : Permanent Job, Full Time
Place of Posting : Hyderabad.
Product : Molecular Diagnostic segment
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of Cell, molecular and histopathology assays including single and multiplex immunohistochemistry (IHC) assays, in situ hybridization (ISH), FISH, miRNA (Probe design & development), and use a variety of imaging modalities. Assist with performing image analysis.
- Perform wet-lab research experiments such as DNA/RNA collection and, RT-PCR. Process nucleic acid isolation and quantification as needed for qPCR for QC and validation
- Leverage knowledge of molecular biology, nucleic acid biochemistry, and assays for DNA/RNA to execute on and improve current laboratory workflows
- Collaborate with Pathologists, Scientists and Research Associates on multiple concurrent projects to evaluate and deliver data, contribute to early programs and assist with determining mechanism of action.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to provide tissue-based assay development for target qualification, efficacy readouts, and biomarker development.
- • Document results per SOPS
- Maintain and enhance workplace safety
- Be cognizant of safe handling of chemicals, biologicals and laboratory instrumentation
- Supervise lab personnel
- Experience in cell and molecular biology in an industry setting.
- Strong publication record demonstrating expertise in cell and molecular biology.
- Excellent scientist with passion for hands-on research and desire to lead from the bench
- Proficiency in molecular techniques mainly in DNA/RNA isolation and qPCR.
- Expertise using liquid handling instruments and micro plate formats
- Flexibility to contribute to multiple projects while remaining well organized
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to take unique and creative approaches to solve challenging problems
- Experience in automation for IHC, ISH and FISH will be preferred
Required Candidate profile: Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- Ph.D in Molecular Biology cell biology and Cancer Biology
- Five or more years of experience in IHC, ISH and SS
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Address PLOT NO. 4,,SY NO 656/A,AERO SPACE AND PRECISION E, NGG IND, SEZ,ADIBATLA, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Industry Type Pharma, Biotech, Clinical Research
- Total Years Experience 5-10